If you know me well, you know that cleaning is not my favorite thing. I'm decent at it; my problem is that I don't like to make it a priority in life and I don't get around to it quite at often as I should. I've been getting much better at it, but there was still much to be desired until I found
this new book on cleaning that I LOVE (check out
Rocks In My Dryer and look under Saturday linkage). I read the teaser pages and was hooked. I waited until my school break came around and set about fall cleaning. So far, so good. The darn thing really did teach me how to clean better; imagine! But the most helpful part was the approach. It's broken down into ten days, with tips on how to get through one project completely before commencing another. This was my biggest problem with spring cleaning in the past. This book gave me permission to let my bedroom continue to be a disorganized mess while I was tackling something else. And there are lists for daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning as well. Perhaps the best part is that cleaning is treated as something ongoing, which makes me feel like I'm not a failure if my house isn't perfect all the time; it's not going to be!
Here are some before pics. I haven't taken any after shots yet, since I'm only about half-way done. I'll get those up in about a week or so. If you have any room for growth in the area of cleaning, check out the book! It's only $7 online.
I think the computer used to be on this desk...

I
know your counter fills up, too!

No, we do not think the top of the dresser is an ideal storage unit for DVD players not in use, old t-shirts, pictures, safety pins, and other misc. items. It's just
right there,
so easy!

2 comments:
Way to go, Jen! I definitely need to get that book myself! cleaning is so overwelming sometimes and it never seems to end. I'm definitely inspired now!
So...I just purchased the book! It is AWESOME!! Thanks SO MUCH for the tip! :) Kelli
Post a Comment