Friday, February 20

the big picture

Sometimes it's so easy to look only at snapshots and feel like I'm in over my head with this parenting gig. I lose sight of things like "this too shall pass," and the big picture that Pink's probably going to turn out just fine.

I keep snapping at her and then having to apologize for not staying calm, and I've lost track of how many times I've said, "God, please get me through this day without screaming at this child!"

So today we cuddled with a blanket and watched Curious George together. I don't think it undid all the discipline I try to dish out, but even if it did, it gave us 30 minutes of calm, loving interaction and snuggling. It was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. So you're saying that the 15 min we play Logos and the half an hour reading books might begin to make up for the four hundred times I tell him to "hold on a minute," during the day? Whew!