Saturday, October 30

happy b-day, pink

Finally! You have made it to four, even though sometimes it's like you turned four a long time ago since you look and act so much older than three. And yet you said to me the morning of your b-day that you "didn't feel four yet" but still felt three. You seemed so disappointed! This may take a while to set in for you. :)

At four you are quicker than ever and you're loving the challenge of preschool. You also made enough friends early on that you invited four girls from school to your birthday party. You love anything princess or having to do with babies, whether they're dolls or real babies. You have mostly given up naps and instead you spend an hour of quiet time reading books in the afternoon. You're grown up enough that I can even trust you to read books on my bed, and it feels a bit strange to watch you act so competent in getting your things together for quiet time.

I wonder sometimes how my baby has become a bigger, older, wiser, and smarter baby. Day after day I watched and memorized and studied and soaked in, but your preschool years still sneaked up on me. And I'm so very happy for the way you've grown up so far. You're a wonderful girl, a blessing to those around you, and you're very dearly loved. I'm thankful every day for you, and still studying and memorizing as much as I can. Happy birthday, sweet pea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww happy birthday Pink! I can't believe she's four.

EveryChapter said...

Four years have flown so fast...thanks for making our lives considerably more girly Pink- love you! Aunt Miranda