Part of the reason I was reluctant to blog in the first place is that I fully understand how to use paper and a pen. I can write just fine that way. I also understand how to print a picture and stick it in a shoe box. I'm quite adept at keeping records in journals and shoe boxes. Things that can't be found in a dictionary or grammar book (xml and ? and > and so on) scare the heck out of me.
And now they have cost me precious sleep, a minor tiff with my husband, and worst of all, my sanity. All I wanted was a red blog. I wanted it to fit with the season and I didn't need anything too fancy. I didn't want dancing reindeer. I only wanted a little red and an updated picture of Pink.
Instead I had all of my information erased. Ahhh, the beauty of computers.
Paper isn't smarter than I am. It doesn't burn up and turn to ash, destroying my work in seconds, simply because I didn't understand the encoding of the paper. It's a piece of frickin' tree. I can't believe I just typed frickin' and I'm putting it out there in cyberspace.
My computer, however, seems to relish is relative intelligence. And so my painstakingly developed blog is on the fritz. And I have no desire to post any of the good stuff I was waiting on, when my "paper" is so horribly ugly (and secretly laughing at me).
So when I have enough patience to not throw this keyboard through the window, I will try to change the look and publish something a little less bitter.
For now, I'll watch the computer-bashing scene from Office Space and pretend it's me hitting and kicking the heck out of the thing that stole my sleep, marital harmony (though only for a few minutes), and sanity.
Ha! When I went to post this message, it didn't like the way I originally wrote computer jargon. So what you read in the first paragraph was a modified version of the signs, symbols, and letters I originally wrote. It's still laughing at me!
2 comments:
O the hours I have spent arguing with my computer...we have a love hate relationship my mac and I- I love it and in a fire it would rate just under my children and my wedding photos- but sometimes? Sometimes I whisper things to it about tossing it off the deck and into the canyon. Trouble with paper for me is that it doesn't spell check....
Incidentally your site WAS red for a little while yesterday...
Ah, it can be so much fun, or so incredibly frustrating. Did you read where I posted that I am locked out of my all-important email? Yep. For good, it looks like.
Anyway, if you ever want help changing your layout to one of the free ones, I'd be glad you help you. Good luck!
Post a Comment