Tuesday, January 27

to my tall, beautiful girl -

You mix up the placement of modals. That sounds rather English-teacher of me. The mom in me is simply filled with glee every time you say, "It be must hidin'." I almost wish you could keep saying "be must" and "I go can" and other such mix-ups forever.

You have started falling all the time. Not sure why, but you go sailing forth into the wild blue yonder, a blonde mess of hair flowing along behind you, at least a dozen times per hour.

This morning we were having a date at your Dora table, you with your sippie of milk, me with my closely guarded coffee. After you toasted me with a hearty, "cheers," our talk turned to your variety of stuffed animals. You informed me that, yes, you do have many kinds of animals and that they live in your zoo. I never knew there was a Pink zoo!

You're very tall (surprise, surprise), and I regularly tell you that you're a tall, beautiful princess who will grow up to be a tall, beautiful woman, like a queen. Recently daddy came home and picked you up, and patting his chest, you said "daddy's a tall, beautiful woman!" Hmmmm, something like that.

People ask me if you talk a lot yet, and whether or not you have full conversations. I tell them you speak in expositions and descriptive narratives. Full conversations? Try full short stories. All day long. It's pretty cute.

You're cuter than I could've imagined. You're smarter than I expected. Your presence is more of a grace to our home than I can describe. Thanks for blessing us with yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um hello? Birthday post. I love, love, love the way you observe the people you love. Hmmm...May the Beauty is good at this too- I need to get on the ball... beautiful post. For the record my mom always used to say someone was growing when they started falling a lot- seriously Pink?!? hold up a bit, wait for Squeaker! And the wild blond curls are my favorite (okay, one of my favorite) parts of Pink.

Jen said...

ok, everychapter, i'm confused: birthday post?