heartbeat of 140? definitely a girl
heartbeat of 140? definitely a boy
morning sickness? means it's a girl
morning sickness? means your son's already giving you trouble
showing early & straight out front? it's a boy
showing early & straight out front? could be a girl
showing early & straight out front? duh, it's the second baby
have a good appetite? gotta be a girl
have a good appetite? that's a boy for ya, already eating you out of house and home
the one that gives Beloved hope is this omen from India: if a baby is born with a little blueish spot on the bridge of his/her nose that looks like a tiny blood vessel, that baby will be followed by a boy. Pink was born with a still-visible blueish spot.
I really am getting a kick out of watching people's curiosity and steadfastness about the gender of this baby. It's funny and endearing.
So if you have other theories, keep 'em coming (disclaimer: all theories submitted to the author of this blog become the exclusive property of said author. Author retains all rights and priveleges to such theories and they may be used for publication purposes. All identifying information will be withheld).
5 comments:
What does the Chinese Lunar Calendar tell you it will be? It says girl for us. :)
I know this might kill it a little bit, but I'm only open to old wives tale-type theories. Anything "scientific" would taint me too much, so the Chinese Lunar Calendar is out.
I'd be so excited for you to have a girl - it's so much fun! And I can totally picture Eman with a little girl to dote on. :)
I loved everybodies theories too and their shocked expressions when we said "We are waiting to find out" Seems that's such an "old-fashion" thing to do. I think it's loads of fun and I hope to do it with our third someday. Although I'll really have to convince Chad on that one :)
I want to have a third JUST for the purpose of waiting to find out! :) And I was so much sicker with the girl than the boy. Have you done the gold ring trick yet?
I can't think of any other wives tales. There is a guy who runs a flower stand in our neighborhood that we call "the oracle" because he knew P was a boy. You could visit him?
30th and Redwood.
I loved knowing, and I think we will find out with #2 also. I just loved getting to know him as early as possible, but I also loooove agonizing over the current handful of friends i have who are pregnant and not finding out. It's like the most juicy gossip ever.
I was surprised that I felt this way. Before I was pregnant, I couldn't imagine why I'd want to know. Ahhh, "before..."
Post a Comment