How does one thwart the intentions of a 2 year old? I'd really like to know, since mine is completely set on her own ways. When told not to touch the shampoo in daddy's hand, she does anyway. But the hard part is that she then helps him wash her own hair. So was that disobedient or helpful? Or is it both?
When I tell her to put away her puzzle, she makes sure the pieces are put back together first (not in continued play, but because of the neatness gene she inherited from someone other than me). Do I encourage her neatness, sense of order, and organizational abilities? Do I send her to time out for not obeying right away?
This girl likes order to the point that she can't move on from one thing to the next until she's satisfied that all is well (translation: organized). This is a good thing. I'd like to nurture this, seeing as how one day I'll be counting on her to keep this family in line when it comes to order (as I am deficient in this area). And yet, she needs to obey. All the time, no questions asked.
Therein lies the rub. And I don't much like this rub.
2 comments:
Ugh! I hate this- and it happens in our house all the time! Let me know if you figure it out- and MckMama has a discipline post up right now. :)
seriously? Who is this McMama person who will help me teach P to obey immediately to everything? Need to meet her.
Post a Comment