Tuesday, January 26

she can try, but she can't win

Said in hushed tones:

"Pink, why don't you go pick out two books for us to read."

"Ummm, but I want five books."

"Go pick out two."

"But I want three books."

"You may have two books."

"But I don't want two books."

"OK, pick out one book, then."

"OK, I'll go get two books."

"You do that."

5 comments:

EveryChapter said...

You made me laugh...there's been a lot of this going on in our house lately too. :)

Grace Chaser ... said...

Oh yes, I remember those days. Those days when I was so stinkin' tired and wanted to just read and stop being "the lay-er" (the name for the lucky person of the evening who laid down with my little girl while she fell asleep). Two turned to ten, and now she's almost 16 (in April). Believe it or not, we still read together (though not every night or even every week), and when she occasionally asks now if I'll read just one more chapter, I am so pleased to say yes. I see the end of our reading time just over the hill and it makes me sad. Wishing you joy in your reading years - however long they turn out to be! Hope to see you again at "She Speaks!" this year.

Jessica @ May the Beauty said...

She sure gave it the 'ol college try tho!

Mary Zolene said...

Good conflict management going on in your house!!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

we have that SAME conversation over when bedtime is!! hilarious!