Wednesday, February 3

worth looking at

I promise I've tried to post a new pic of Lizzie, since the most recent one was sometime before she turned 1 month, but to no avail. I'll keep trying.

However, this website really is worth checking out. Did you know that talking on the phone while driving has the same effect on your brain as 2 alcoholic drinks? And texting is like 4 drinks? FOUR drinks! That's a blood alcohol level of 0.16, twice the legal limit.

We have an informal, grassroots sort of campaign going on at my high school right now to get all of the students and staff to make this pledge not to text or talk while driving.

Granted, I'm still all hormonal from Lizzie, but it only took two stories and a couple of statistics to make me stop watching and call Beloved to establish new family cell phone guidelines.

Will you join us? Take the pledge yourself. And blog about it, Facebook about it, or Twitter about it.

And I'm now off my soapbox. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

Can't wait for the picture!!! I was at the Dr's office the other day and someone called my Olivia by your daughter's real name....made me think and pray for you. :)

Larissa Annen said...

after watching oprah i made the pledge!

Anonymous said...

I totally need to keep my phone in my purse while driving. Thanks for the call out.

EveryChapter said...

Yup, the call out was good- I've not read/called a number of times since reading your post. :) Good job.