Monday, April 18

not exactly

A friend caught up with me the other day on Facebook, asking if I'd been doing more of the freelance writing I started before Mia was born. I'd been trying to get my foot in the door somewhere in the hopes that I'd have enough income to postpone maternity leave or quit teaching all together.

More writing? Ha! My reply:
Hey! I'm not writing at all. :(:( Most days I tread water with my head barely above the surface, and I went back to teaching already so I'm pretty much pouring myself into: putting away the laundry in time to have empty laundry baskets for the next week's loads, scraping off the floor before I mop it so the 18 month old can throw food all over it again, putting away the same books over and over and over again... you know, highly professional and stimulating work! :):) Oh, and I forgot the part about stealing kisses whenever I can.

1 comment:

EveryChapter said...

I feel ya...blogging is the only thing that keeps my brain from falling out my left ear for lack of use. It's worth the kisses though....