So, that didn't last long. My "togetherness" that is.
Day 1 at work was really only 2 hours, so I didn't need to pack breakfast, lunch, or a pump. Mia even ended up sleeping the entire time I was gone, so no pumping at home, either. Piece o' cake.
Day 2, yesterday, was my first full day. I packed my coffee, snack, lunch, pump bag, wallet, sunglasses, etc, etc. The day wasn't exactly ideal once I got home, but while I was at work, all went relatively smoothly considering all that is happening at our school this week.
Day 3, today, well, let's just say that I've really got nowhere to go but up from here. Snack? Uh, no. Lunch? Forgot that, too. Water (I'm an addict)? A bit. Pump bottles to collect milk so that I can pump through the day? Only 1 small one. So here I sit with no food, very full b**bies, and I'll be rushing through a drive-thru trying to pump once side at a time, asking for an empty cup so I can pour the milk in there and then pump the other side, then rushing back and eating while I'm pumping, trying not to get in an accident. At least I remembered my coffee which might just be more important than food after 2 very emotional days of almost no sleep. Because a hungry, grumpy, engorged, emotional mama/teacher who's exhausted and without coffee? eeesh! Not a pretty sight.
On a humorous note, though, pause for a moment to imagine the accident report I'd have to file if I did cause an accident: "I'm sorry, officer, I'm normally quite a safe driver. It's just that I was using this hand to pump, and, well, nevermind. You won't believe me anyway."
2 comments:
Oh my...I laughed out loud. Sorry. And sorry you had such a rough third day- just think, only four more and then another break! And Mia did great- I saw her. :)
O my goodness sakes. That's a horrible day. Thank heaven for coffee. and for your stick-to-it-iveness. You're one of the bravest pumpers I know.
Post a Comment