Monday, November 10

u know you have a girl when...

you hear the following (at the ripe old age of 2 years and one week):

Mama, I haf tea pardy? I tell dada I haf tea pardy wif dada?

Sure, sweetie. Would you like to send dada an invitation to have a tea party with you after he gets home from work?

Yeah!

The text message, a direct transcription of what was actually said, reads:

Dada Ima haf tea pardy. Come home. I want tea pardy wif dada. (enter enthusiastic singing, dancing, and twirling) I want tea pardy, I want tea pardy, I want tea pardy wif dada. You come home afta wook peaz?

Did I mention she was wearing a pink princess dress and a purple tutu at the time? Further confirmation. Not sure how I ended up with such a girly girl, but I wouldn't trade her for all the train-track buildin', truck-drivin', fire-fightin' tomboys in the world. She's teaching me how to add a little frill to my life. Thank you, Pink.

**update: less than two hours after this twirlin' text message, Pink saw a commercial for a toy car and toy truck. She shouted out, "Mama, I haf one of doze?" Then she ran her remote controlled spiderman car into the table and died laughing. I guess she is part tomboy afterall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad the tea set was a hit. I can't wait until Odie is big enough for tea parties! Tell Pink to save me a seat and a dainty little pretend cake- I could use some sweet frills from your darling girl.