It's a...
Just kidding. You didn't really think we'd cave, did you? Nope, we held strong to our "don't want to know" stance.
We were there for two hours (OBs should just give up scheduling anything, I swear - just tell people to take their chances cuz it works out that way anyway), and Beloved will now have to work three hours late tonight to make up for it, but we saw the little DW!
We managed not to see anything "telling" on the ultrasound so we'll still be surprised about the gender of the little thing. Pink had been talking all week about seeing pictures of "her" baby, but lost interest completely when it was a black & white 2D image. Oh well. She loves the xeroxed copies they made just for her - go figure! They are up in her room right now as she sleeps.
The measurements are all in agreement and split the difference between the two dates the doctor had originally given me - October 18. AND, the legs measured only slightly further along than the rest of the body (Pink's measured two weeks further along!); maybe this one will have Daddy's build?
And the heartbeat, if you're wondering, is still nice and ambiguous. Oh, and DW was moving around all over the place and doing crunches - definitely Daddy's baby! Mommy only does crunches when paid. :)
4 comments:
Hurray, hurray! I'm so excited for you! Sorry for the 2 hour wait but pictures are so fun. Please tell me they didn't make you hold it that whole two hours you waited?
Oh yes. I was all full at 11:00, ready for a supreme ultrasound. As no one could say exactly how long it would take, and since I had left my humongous water bottle in the car, I held it until sometime before 12:30. Oh well, still worth the wait. :)
Yeah!!!! It is so awesome to see their pictures. Makes it more real. :) Can't wait to hear what it is. I respect your resolve!
Ooooh I can hear how excited you are in your "voice." Legs measuring two weeks ahead! who ever heard of such a thing?? Lucky girl.
oh, and I admire your control: both in waiting to find out and in "holding it!"
Post a Comment