Tuesday, August 11

faith like a child

I woke up late and still sick from yesterday. I had to leave our house perfect this morning in case realtors showed up while I was at work to show the house. Pink was particularly messy with her breakfast this morning. I didn't have time to make coffee. And when I got in the car I remembered that, since I never ran my errand yesterday afternoon, I also never filled up my empty gas tank. Pink was slow and wanted affection, and I had none to give her.

I complained to Beloved. I confessed to God. And then I just had to confess to the little smiling face in the back seat. I told her I was upset, and it's not good to be late for work (especially not at 6am - there's something ungodly about that hour). But, I told her, this is still the day the Lord has made and I asked her what we should do.

Pink, with all the wisdom of a child, enthusiastically replied, "Rejoice and be gad in it wike my Bible songs!" Um, yes. And oh yeah, it's in the actual Bible, too. Maybe I should follow that one.

2 comments:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

that is so, so sweet! what a girl you have there!

EveryChapter said...

Two heart stoppers in as many days? Really Pink! So sweet- and God just gets the biggest kick out of her, I'm sure of it. :)