Round 1
1. Plan a healthy, well-balanced, easy-to-prepare meal
2. Establish time perameters
3. Welcome in-laws in the door
4. Thank mother-in-law for preparing a yummy salad and assign her the task of grating cheese
5. Have mother-in-law set the table
6. Chit chat about how wonderful your offspring is while dinner finishes cooking
7. Call everyone to dinner, eat, and keep offspring under control temporarily
8. Welcome father-in-law (aka mother-in-law's ex-husband, who was making a last minute visit) in the door, early, while mother-in-law scurries into the kitchen to do dishes
9. Send father-in-law outside to play with offspring for a while and then finish dinner conversation with mother-in-law
10. Say goodbye to mother-in-law
Round 2
1. Welcome father-in-law in the door again
2. Finish clearing table from dinner with mother-in-law
3. Reset table with new dishes and napkins for father-in-law
4. Reheat dinner
5. Make up plate for father-in-law & call everyone to dinner
6. Watch father-in-law eat, chat with him, and keep offspring under control again
7. Clear the table again
8. Say goodnight to all, go to bed, and crash from the exhaustion brought on by 21st century in-law hosting.
5 comments:
I'm exhausted just reading it! Whew! I'm sorry- rather funny though...glad the father-in-law was able to visit, even last minute
oh dear and they did this to you in your 9th month? Glad you were able to see them all, but really. Someone shoulda taken you out for dinner, and someone else shoulda taken you out for ice cream.
Ooooh, I love the idea of being taken out for dinner and then ice cream! Now, why didn't I think of that?
Totally sounds familiar! I get frustrated that other people's choices affect my life so deeply! Finally told me ex situation that the better start getting along becuase it is TOO much work to organize their lives. Plus is that really my responsibility? Wasn't my fault your relationships failed!
Post a Comment