Monday, September 28

my little heart is skipping a beat

We unburied the infant carrier yesterday, took out the baby bathtub, and dragged out a bassinet that was given to us. We sat together during Pink's nap and took apart the car seat to wash the cover, and we set up the bassinet to make sure it would work for us. We washed the tub and imagined the tiny little body that would sit in it and wondered if tears or giggles would accompany the splashes. And there is now concrete evidence in our house that a baby is coming!

I've given up waiting on some news about when & where we are going to move. I still may not be preparing a nursery, buying & washing clothes, and pondering the changes ahead of us, but I'm done holding off my emotions for some kind of certainty. I don't know where this baby will live. I still don't know if I should be using my pre-newborn time to pack up our entire house, or if I should hold off. I don't know possible names for him/her. I don't know how I'll dress him/her. There is no dedicated area for this baby. I don't know so much still.

But we're getting close to meeting this little one, finally, and what I DO know is that he/she will be immensely loved and cherished. And I DO know that if my King could be born into a manger in a stable, and if God is over all things, then my little one and I will be just fine. With a cute bassinet and a clean car seat installed by a strong daddy. And a big sister who is about to explode with anticipation and who is practicing helping with baths, thanks to an obliging baby doll.

And life is good, and my heart is full.

3 comments:

EveryChapter said...

Now it's not very fair to make your friends well up in the middle of the afternoon! I'm SO excited and SO happy for you guys. This little one is already so loved- and an Aunt, Uncle, and "cousins" are anxiously awaiting our first meeting.

Chad, Dilenna, Ashlynn, and Audree said...

We are so excited for you too! Remember that there was not much nesting going on in our home either- rather paint was going on the walls, walls were being torn down, we were sleeping in the living room- you know, the usual Coon style of doing things! But you are right- God is sovereign over all things- even the little details of our lives. And you have a roof over your heads and lots of love inside your home (and outside your home too)- what more could the baby need? :)

MTB said...

I love this post so much, I linked back to it today. Your house, family and heart are so full of love for this baby, a little is rubbing off on me. Looking back even a year from now, you're going to remember these days with such sweetness- what a gift to be mired by circumstance in faith and adoration.