Do you remember when you were 12 and you knew that you knew who you really were? Why does any 12 year old girl think she knows everything about herself? And then you hit 18 and someone gave you a piece of paper with official words about studying for four years or something, you spent one summer being a graduate, and you tried playing the "KIT" game with friends left and right; then you knew that you had finally discovered yourself. That 12 year old? She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. But YOU did because you were, after all, 18. And all 18 year olds know everything. Everyone knows that.
Then you hit your mid-twenties and realized you knew nothing. If you're really lucky, you've already passed that oh-so-glorious birthday (30) in which you realize time really does pass by and you can start to understand who you were created to be. Things start to come into focus. I suppose that the lenses of life continue to focus as we age, and that we truly do know more and more about who we are as we age. I can only imagine how foolish this 31 year-old will seem to 50 year-old me one day.
In blogging years (the formula is similar to the one used to calculate doggie years, but way to complicated for me to explain, so just trust me), I'm around 12. What does that mean? I'm struggling with my blogity voice! Who am I? In blog terms, am I a wife first or a mom first? Or just a woman first? Or a working mom first? Do I focus on pics of Pink to share with family members? Do I drone on about my day-to-day life or put forth philosophical ideals (you'd better hope it's not the latter)? See my dilemma? So for all of you who have figured out your bloggity voice, be patient with the little 12 year olds around blogosphere who are still slouching with braces, bangs bigger than their head, pegged pant legs, and sleeves that won't stay rolled up. I'll grow up soon enough.
3 comments:
I think your blog voice is great! Besides, who doesn't want to be young again (at least once in a while)
:)
I totally know what you mean. That was why I wrote that one post a while back too. I think you are doing a great job with your blog!!
I feel I am being truly authentic when I write whatever God places on my heart and God places a lot of beautiful things on yours! Sometimes I feel my blog is so scattered, but really it is a true reflection of my scattered brain! Definitely ADD! Haha!
I LOVE yours...keep it up! My mom said she was reading it too and also thought it was beautiful and very well written. :)
Love,
Kelli
Gosh, I think this all-the-time; you've just managed to put it perfectly, (as usual). I think it's okay to be a bit of a chameleon, some days your readers need a laugh and some days we need to be challenged, encouraged, or just smile at a cute picture of Pink- your voice fits the bill perfectly- bravo.
Post a Comment