Thursday, October 9

get thee to nineveh

I mentioned already that I'm pursuing a quiet God-dream that I have and that I'm excited to finally be answering this call. I also mentioned something along the lines of pursuing our dreams with reckless abandon. Yeah. That was all well and good until I looked up some details about one little experience I will have to go through.

"I'll fail. Everyone will think I'm ridiculous. I'll hear things like 'What's she doing here?' and 'Poor soul doesn't even know she's misguided.' I will be a laughing stock. Worse (in the case of what I will be doing) I'll bore everyone to death. My lullaby voice which silences my baby, husband, and some of my students into steady snores will surely hypnotize a few of the women I'll be with. I can't go. I can't do it. I can't." Some reckless abandon, huh?

But then I told Beloved about it and he reminded me of a revelation we had recently: if we keep ignoring God's call in one particular area he's been speaking in, we might land in a whale only to be spit up on the shore of the place he was telling us to go in the first place. So we named our calling and ministry Nineveh, and we answered the call.

When I told him recently that I was really scared of this one thing I have to do because my dream is so important to me, he said eloquently, as only he could, "Babe, I don't want to have to pluck you out of the belly of a whale just because you wouldn't listen to God. Now, GO TO NINEVEH!"

Oh, babe, that's why I love you. That's why I married you. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a lucky woman friend- as am I. Isn't it wonderful to have men that want to encourage us in our walk with God as well as the rest of it. (Which, technically speaking is all the same thing...).

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, I just linked to this post and your "Dream's" one on my blog...

Shermanators said...

Let Brute Group know when you have your "share day" and we will be praying! You will do amazing...and...Go "A!"