In honor of the first day of October (Sept 22/21 is always too hot in SD to recognize it as fall), Beloved came home yesterday to a house with jack-o-lantern candles, pumpkin spice candles, fall leaves (from Michael's of course; where in SD would I get fall leaves?), and every fall decoration I could drag out of the closet. We had cranberries and almonds in our salad. We had apple crisp compliments of Pink's Sunday School project. And it was nice and cool. We made homemade applesauce, peanut butter popcorn, and pulled the couch over to the computer desk to cuddle up and catch up on The Office.
Yes, fall is good. With the air conditioner running, seeing as how it was 97 degrees at our house yesterday. Ahhhh, gotta love the change of seasons.
4 comments:
Fall sounds better at your house than it does at mine in Minnesota, lol! I'm decorating this weekend, and your kitchen ideas will top the activity list.
When we lived in TX & GA I was always so homesick for the Midwest. I did the same thing, went all out decorating and blasted the air conditioning. Even had the fireplace going once or twice. :o)
Blessings, Whitney
How fun!! How did the applesauce turn out? Peanut butter popcorn? YUMMY! I'll bet Pink LOVES being home with her mommy these past few weeks. Yeah, I gave up trying to decorate for fall cuz it just doesn't feel like it. It was over 100 in Poway yesterday! Yikes!
Sorry about the Office! I'm glad we weren't the only ones behind! I was trying to wait until the last minute to post in case others were behind too.
Go to thecutestblogontheblock.com. Go to free backgrounds. There are a TON to choose from. You have to change your blog format to minima and apply the background. They even have fall ones with pumpkins and leaves and stuff. Have fun!
Talk to you soon,
Kelli
That sounds like so much fun. I wish this heat would let up so it felt like fall!
Seriously? You're crazy- it's HOT out there. But you did remind me that I want your peanut butter popcorn recipe...and well, I may be a summer girl thru and thru, but I do love fall and winter food- soup and stew and bread and pasta and before you know it, it will be peanut butter ball season...mmmmm.
Post a Comment