Thursday, October 15

but i don't want to lie in bed all day

Ah, bed rest. A week before my due date with no signs of imminent labor. And an almost-3 year old who likes to throw fits and raise mama's blood pressure, contributing to the problem which has landed me on bed rest. Ah, pregnancy. Wasn't I just saying something about being done with all this? Yes, that sounds familiar.

Good news: I have built-in time to finally finish grading those essays that have been staring at me. Each day when I ship Pink off to be loved on by grandma or a friend, I will be alone in this house.

Bad news: I have built-in time to finally finish grading those essays that have been staring at me. Each day when I ship Pink off to be loved on by grandma or a friend, I will be alone in this house. Grading essays is not exactly my favorite way to pass my time.

Oh well, what's a girl to do when she's threatened with, you know, seizures and stuff if she doesn't obey her dr.?

**updated: Moderately high blood pressure landed me in bed, which is the beginnings of toxemia/preeclampsia. The seizures part only comes on if I progress to actual eclampsia, which bed rest is meant to avoid. It's not at all serious at this point, and as long as I follow my doctor's orders, it won't ever become eclampsia and won't ever be serious. But it is something to not mess around with. So here I am, resting.

3 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

Seizures??? What landed you in bed?

Ann Tepfers DoTerra Essential Oils said...

I am praying for you! Hang in there!!

EveryChapter said...

Well, at least it didn't last long! :)