Monday, October 19
6:27 am
20.5 inches long
7 pounds, 1 ounce
lots of dark hair
healthy
79.5 hours of labor (I've decided I've earned the right to bring that up again)
1 hour of pushing
1 blood pressure threat that was going to be treated with an unwanted epidural, in an attempt to lower my bp by taking away the pain
1 threat of magnesium sulfate during labor to lower my bp, that could have had side effects on the baby
no drugs in the end, because I went from a 5cm to a baby crying in just under 3 hours and God gave me my heart's desire of a drug-free birth
one BFF to thank forever for back rubs, encouragement, and phrases that kept me focused, and for being so excited that she had to blog about it twice
one mother to thank forever for participating in something that hurt her nearly as much as it hurt me, who gave me practical tips and encouragement even when I'm pretty sure she didn't completely understand my motivation
one husband to thank forever for the preparation that went into this, for the endurance through 79.5 hours of sleepless labor (there I go mentioning it again), for the encouragement, for the constant attention, for the sacrifice when he wanted to see my pain end, and for not giving up on me so that I could experience my heart's desire
funniest line from the whole experience, which came right after I told the anesthesiologist "No thanks" and decided to try delivering fast enough to avoid the drugs:
"I just sent away the man with the drugs. He came to me, and I sent him away!"
4 comments:
He DID come to you- and you were a trooper! And yes, SO EXCITED! Still am...this is like the normal baby bug times a zillion. I get giddy every time I think about her. This had better calm down soon, I don't think she will appreciate me when I'm hovering over her in high school shouting "isn't she adorable!?" to ever passer-by. (Hmmm, her Daddy might be mad at me too...). I'll work on calming down. But she is PERECT! and I'm still so stinkin' proud of you.
YEAH!!! Can't wait to meet her!
I have no idea how you sent him away. I greeted mine with a Starbucks smile and told him he was my favorite person.
Jess, you crack me up. I can see your Starbucks smile right now and it's making me smile. :)
Post a Comment