Monday, November 16

not me monday

I'm too good of a mother to do any of these horrible things. Too good, I tell you.

I absolutely did NOT laugh at my 3 year old during a tantrum. No, I wouldn't do that

I definitely did not declare one day "video day" and replay the same exact movie 3 times so I could get work done/dishes washed/blogs read/emails sent

I'm stealing this one: I did not answer "maybe" on many occasions just to avoid the direct "no" answer the the fit that would follow

I did not let the baby sleep way too long in order to have a moment's peace

I did not make quesadillas for lunch four days in a row because I was feeling lazy. I'm much more interested in my child's nutrition than that.

I would never, and certainly did not, wish for a way to sell my child off for a few weeks.

I did not, no way, yell (read: scream) at my child three times within the first hour we were awake. Nope. And I did not use the vacuum on her pj's (that she had on) to clean up the baby powder she poured everywhere, just to prove a point. Nope. I'm too humane for that.

And I did not look at her sobbing in the midst of my yelling (screaming) and powder vacuuming and tell her "I don't care if you're crying. In fact, great! Cry! Get scared of mama. Get REAL scared. And don't EVER DISOBEY ME AGAIN!" Nope. I would never get so out of control.

And I did not play just one more movie in order to get this post finished. Uh-uh.

For more Not Me! Monday, check here.

5 comments:

Carolee Hollenback said...

I try not to crack a smile when my daughter gets upset- she's so dramatic!

Good idea vacuuming th pj's!

Ann Tepfers DoTerra Essential Oils said...

Oh Jen! These are hard days. Hang in there! I have done all those. Infact, today was one of those days. I told jamey to stop talking, and to never talk again!

Chad, Dilenna, Ashlynn, and Audree said...

You crack me up!!! It is such a relief to read posts like yours. It shows all us moms that we are in the same boat!!! Thanks for the encouragement, and laughter :)

EveryChapter said...

Oh thank goodness- I'm not alone! And I did NOT scream at Squeaker ON PURPOSE today just to make a point...at which he looked at me dry eyed and quietly went out of the room and into his to go do something else- thank goodness God got ahold of me then and I went and apologized- (to which he informed me very sadly that I HAD hurt his feelings and it is very naughty to scream at people- ooof, knife in my heart)- good thing I DIDN"T do that...

jessica @ May the Beauty said...

Your post had me in stitches. I wish P was more afraid of me too!! Letting the baby sleep doesn't count, though.
I also loved the bit about the quesadillas. Wouldn't grocery shopping be so much easier without experts insisting that the secret to health is variety?

Thanks for the chuckle. It helped on a day I was starting to have my doubts...