Mother-in-law, beware. You are welcome to read this post. But if you do read further, I'd rather not hear about it. Please. Everyone else, read on.Pink was in bed, an old favorite movie was cued, popcorn was popped, and we looked at each other and realized we missed each other. We wanted a date night. We needed some time to connect. And so we did the only thing we could think of at the time: talk.
Yes, that's right, we talked. We grabbed Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti, and we opened to the homework for the chapter on the bedroom (ooh la la). The questions (that you each ask each other) are as follows:
1. One thing I really love about our (lovin) life is:
2. I really love it when you:
3. One thing I would love to try is: (giggling is perfectly acceptable here, ladies & gents)
4. One boundary that we could agree on that might protect our marriage is:
Then you are prompted to plan a 24-hour escape. We thought we couldn't afford a night at a hotel, but in thinking through it, we realized we had a little b-day money still saved up and we had a little extra income that was due soon. Put together, we could pull it off.
The openness of our answers mixed with the excitement and passion of planning a long-awaited getaway were so hot that they didn't just work for us, they worked for us (wink). And then we watched our movie.
Store-brand, microwave popcorn had never tasted so good. And by the way, to prove that it worked for both of us, it was Beloved who suggested that I put this up on my "blog thing."
Want to see more ideas that have worked? Visit the newest installment of Works for me Wednesdays over at Rocks In My Dryer.
8 comments:
Congratulations! I say start planning and saving for the next one, this is a good thing!
Woo!Hoo! You gotta love that! Money well spent I'd say.
Sounds like a great book! I'm going to have to check that out. :D
What an encouraging story - especially to me, as my husband and I are struggling to connect and work some things out. It's just harder with a baby in the house!!
This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for the reminder that if you schedule a date at home- it's still a date! This is a very practical WFMW. Thanks!
What an awesome way to spend the evening with your hubby! Much better than watching tv (like we usually do). Thanks so much for sharing.
Sex so sells! Look at all those comments!! Well, that and a good idea coupled with some high quality writing. We're sitting down to do some Waffles & Spaghetti homework tonight- I'll let you know how it goes- wink. Or maybe not! Thanks for the reminder, talking has certainly gone out of fashion...
I love this idea, I'll have to check out the book...
My hubs calls my blog "that blog thingy" too ;)
Take care,
Steph
Post a Comment