Monday, April 27

happy birthday uncle lin


On Beloved's brother's would-have-been 40th b-day (how is that possible!?) we had a balloon and cake, and Pink blew out his candles. We talked about heaven and went over, again, all the people who are with Jesus right now, including Uncle Lin. We explained to her that she needed to blow out his candles for him because Uncle Lin couldn't do it for himself.

When we visited Phoenix over the weekend, we took his balloon and dropped it as close as we could physically get to him. It was a week late, but I'm thinking he's ok with that. I gotta say this was the most emotional trip to Party City and Cold Stone (ice cream cake) I've ever made. Seeing how much Beloved enjoyed recognizing his brother, though, was completely worth choking back a few tears when the sales lady asked us if we needed anything else.

Happy Birthday in heaven. Wish we could have celebrated with you.

1 comment:

EveryChapter said...

I wish I could have known him- I'm glad you had a chance to celebrate.