Wednesday, March 25

something like that

Pink stopped nursing at 18 mos, over a year ago, yet she continues to talk about mama's b**bies and the "whole milk" that used to flow for her. Naturally, with a new baby approaching, I started to get a little nervous about her reaction to turning over her prized possessions to a little sibling. So I started talking with her about what will happen when the baby comes. I asked her if she would help and show the baby what to do. She was beyond excited and with hand motions, delivered the following:

"Mama, I help him (she's convinced she's having a brother) wif your b**bies and show him and hold your b**bies for him and he dwink milk from your b**bies! And dada have a little baby and his little baby dwink milk from dada's little b**bies and I have a little baby and my little baby dwink milk from my little b**bies! And I help the baby to dwink from your b**bies!"

I never thought I'd hear the word so many times in 30 seconds, nor that my husband would be delivering and subsequently brea*tfeeding a baby of his own. Who knew?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're two for two- Pink totally have me laughing at that one. Wow! Who knew b**bies and brea*t feeding were for everyone?! I just posted a similar (sort of) post before even reading yours- I guess everyone has b**bies on the brain today. :)

Matt, Melissa, Baxter, Matthias, Matijs said...

Wait 'til Pink starts nursing the dolls at daycare. Matthias pulls his shirt up and tries nursing the dolls and then walks around holding them talking about milk!