Friday, March 6

why do we do what we do?

Why, for instance, would we plan a six-hour drive to start at the very moment that the pest control guy finishes "coming in with guns blazin'", when driving in the car makes me even more nauseous than I feel while stationary, and I have a sinus infection? Why? All in the name of a family visit and relocating (to the trash can) the little roach-wannabes that have taken up residence in our kitchen (which has to be completely emptied out, every dish, every everything, sometime between loads of laundry and packing). Why?

I'm convinced that in heaven, schedules never get too full. And since there is no sickness, road trips never involve sinus infections or nausea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! No sickness ever- forever. Sounds good to me. C. S. Lewis wrote something in a letter to Sheldon Vanauken about the idea that as a human race we never have enough time and the very fact that this is true proves that we were made for a timeless life. After all, fish don't complain of being wet right? I've been meaning to post on it- maybe now I will. :)