I have come to love those two little words strung together. But God...
I can't, but God...
I don't see how, but God...
This is horrible, but God...
etc.
Not to get too deep, too early in the morning, I'm talking here about chocolate. As in, this baby doesn't do well with chocolate. She spits up lots of milk anytime I have more than one tiny bite over the course of several hours (which perhaps explains this). But her mama doesn't do well without it. With sleep deprivation haunting my every moment and Pink throwing a record number of tantrums, this is not a good thing. I'm not talking about a little fit when Pink doesn't get her way. I'm talking about tears falling and limbs flailing and screams that are loud enough to have the neighbors call CPS. All. Day. LONG. Mama needs chocolate.
Despite the threat of spit up, I've headed to the kitchen several times to "take a hit" so I can cope with the barking dog, crying newborn, and flailing three year old. Each time I've been stopped in my tracks by these words from Matthew 19:26: "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
And each time I have walked away from the kitchen without any chocolate. None. Not one bite. In my own strength? By my own power? I'd be making pan after pan of brownies. But God. With him, all things truly are possible.
4 comments:
I've gotta know... what about coffee?
LOL. Seriously? You went through what kind of birthing ordeal and it takes giving up CHOCOLATE to make you believe that with God all things are possible?
not to blow the birthing ordeal out of proportion, but that is what has increased my motivation to do the impossible more than anything else in my life. that, for a wimpy "quitter" like me, was the definition of impossible. i tried giving up several times, but i made it. and so chocolate, my #1 vice, can wait because if i can make it through a birth like that, i can do anything.
Your birthing ordeal increases MY motivation and belief that with God all things are possible. And I only read about it.
Oh but God...I could use that today- thanks. But with God I can love all people, but with God I can not scream at my son, but with God I can ask and receive forgiveness when I do anyway....theres good stuff in "but God"
Post a Comment