Monday, March 2

baby comin'

That's what I had Pink tell daddy when I learned I was pregnant back in October. We had pink & blue balloons, a teddy bear, and a double picture frame with Pink's newborn photo on one side and a pink & blue announcement on the other: "Daddy, replace this card with a newborn photo on Father's Day 2009." The face of that baby is known only to God.

This time around, there is less pomp & circumstance, but no less love. In mid-October of this year, Lord willing, a little one will have many newborn pics taken of him/her, and frames all over the house will be filled.

For now, I snack on a steady diet of crackers, yogurt and PB&J, thankful that at least I know things are humming along so far at only 7.5 weeks.

And seriously, how does anyone survive a pregnancy once they've already had a baby? Last time I spent evenings on the couch. This time, though Beloved, bless his heart, takes care of dinner, I'm giving baths, tucking in, etc, etc.

This is only the beginning...

4 comments:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can do it!!

(the other advice out the window is "sleep when the baby sleeps" no longer applies after baby #1 ;-)

Mary Zolene said...

Yeah!!! That is such exciting news... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for you! Yeah baby! And you're right, I don't know how anyone one manages to be pregnant with a toddler- but somehow you muddle thru and it's so worth it in the end. :) The "letting her learn to do things herself" concept from your last post comes in handy (as long as you have the time), as does calling your friends and bawling for help. :) Congrats!

Larissa Annen said...

congrats!!!!we'll be praying for you and an uneventful pregnancy! :)