Monday, March 9

the most expensive bugs ever

pest control company coming in "with guns blazin'" (I just think that's funny - it's what the guy actually said):
15 dollars

last minute hotel reservation at Embassy Suites (so she can nap, we said) because we cancelled our trip to Phoenix & couldn't return to stubborn-bug haven for 24 hours:
234 dollars

medicine for mama's stomach flu, sinus infection, and morning (all day) sickness, plus Pink's ear infection:
39 dollars

meals and emergency "I'm actually going to either vomit or pass out right NOW if you don't get me some food":
$54 dollars
(that's where the Embassy comes in handy - free, made-to-order breakfast that even a pregnant woman can appreciate)

sleep lost when a sick 2 y.o. came into bed with us from 11 til she was up and at 'em at 5:
6 hours

getting to hear the unabashed excitement while a 2 y.o. dances around, hardly able to control herself, yelling, "Guys, wook, is downtown over dere, and panes, and boats, and see downtown right dere? Guys, MOM, DAD, WOOK!!!" from our upgraded, 12th floor, city- and bay-view suite:

priceless (unless we have to spray the remaining 217 stubborn bugs, in which case we will certainly be finding some couch to sleep on somewhere and will NOT be paying 209 for a room at the Embassy Suites. but it was fun for a night)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry. I wish everyone had been well- you could have stayed with us. Great view though! And breakfast made to order sounds good...

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry. I wish everyone had been well- you could have stayed with us. Great view though! And breakfast made to order sounds good...